Drillthrough Report Sample
The Drillthrough Report Sample is a ASP.NET Web app that contains a ReportViewer control for viewing a parent report and child report. A query filters the data table that is defined for the child report.
A drillthrough report is a report that a user opens by clicking a link within another report. Drillthrough reports commonly contain details about an item that is contained in an original summary report.
Report Definition Language (RDL)
The Drillthrough Report Sample demonstrates the following report features.
- Drillthrough action as a report action
- ReportViewer control
- Query-based data filter
Your system must meet the following requirements to use the sample reports.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services (SSRS) (Evaluation, Standard, Developer, or Enterprise)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
- 2012 AdventureWorks sample database .
SQL Server samples and sample databases must be downloaded and installed before you can view or work with them. To download the Drillthrough Report Sample for SQL Server 2012, click here
. For information about downloading databases, click here
Deploying the Drillthrough Report Sample
For information on deploying ASP.NET Web applications, see Web Deployment Overview for Visual Studio and ASP.NET
- You must have permission to log on to the local SQL Server Database Engine that hosts the AdventureWorks2012 database. By default, report data sources are configured to use Windows integrated security. Your Windows account credentials are used to log on to the database.
Help and Information
© 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.